Context: Union Human Resource Development Minister launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- DHRUV’, a unique initiative for talented students.
Prelims: Current events of national and international importance.
Mains: GS II- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
Concerned ministry: Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme has been started to identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge.
- In centres of excellence across the country, gifted children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in different areas, so that they can reach their full potential.
- It is expected that many of the students selected will reach the highest levels in their chosen fields and bring laurels to their community, State and Nation.
- 60 outstandingly talented students have been selected in the first batch of DHRUV programme.
- The students will thus both shine through their achievements and light a path for others to follow.
- To begin with, it will cover two areas i.e. Science and Performing Arts.
- There are 60 students in all, 30 from each area.
- The 60 students come from across the country.
- The students have been broadly chosen from classes 9 to 12, from all schools including government and private.
- This is only the first phase of the programme which will be expanded gradually to other fields. These students will be visiting important places of scientific and cultural interest in Bengaluru and New Delhi.
- Students will be able to interact with renowned mentors both in Delhi and abroad through video conferencing with global personalities. In addition, mentors who have excelled in innovation in non-science and non-performing arts fields will also interact with the students
The new Programme DHRUV will act as a platform to explore the talent of outshining and meritorious students, and help them achieve excellence in their specific areas of interest may it be science, performing arts, creative writing, etc. In this way, these talented students will not only realize their full potential but also contribute to society in a big way.