Context: In tune with the growing partnership between India and the US, the maiden India US joint tri-services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise named ‘Tiger Triumph’ is scheduled on the Eastern seaboard from November 13 to 21.
Prelims: Current events of national and international importance.
- GS II- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- GS III- Disaster and Disaster Management.
Exercise Tiger Triumph:
- The exercise is aimed at developing interoperability for conducting HADR operations.
- At the HADR exercise area, a Joint Command and Control Centre would be established by the Indian Army and US Marines.
- The IAF RAMT and the US Navy Medical Team would establish a medical facility camp for providing medical aid to victims, who would have been previously evacuated by road and air to the camp.
- Indian Naval ships Jalashwa, Airavat and Sandhayak, Indian Army troops from 19 Madras and 7 Guards, and Indian Air Force MI-17 helicopters and Rapid Action Medical Team (RAMT) would be participating in the exercise.
- The US would be represented by US Navy Ship Germantown with troops from the US Third Marine Division.